Monday, February 7, 2011

3rd Times a Charm..

Going into my Junior year of Basketball, the butterflies were still there..  Wanting to know what type of shoes that we were wearing LOL, I always told Coach Miller to get the Jordan's but he never did....  Anyways, we were bringing in a lot of well experienced players this season so I felt like it was our Time!!  I can remember during our District Games this season as soon as school was out, there was a line formed to get into the games!!!  Now the games didn't start until around 7pm and the line got started before 4pm...  With my team winning District again it was time for us to get ready for the playoffs..  Looking back on my performance my sophomore season knowing that I didn't play to my potential, I knew that I wanted to correct that and also make a statement..  Our Regional Game was against Seminole at Lubbock Coronado Gym, I can remember seeing some of the Texas Tech Basketball Players before our game so I know I had to play good..  Both teams were evenly matched but throughout the game our team didn't play good enough to win..  I feel that this was maybe my best basketball game as a High School Basketball Player all around, but that didn't matter because our "Team" ended up losing 15pts..  Throughout the season I was getting letters from many different Colleges, like Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor, TCU, Marquette, Kansas State, UTEP and a lot more..  Knowing that Colleges were interested in what I could bring to their teams was nothing more than Blessing!!  With one more year left of High School Basketball and coming up short of our goal as a team, I knew that time was definitely limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment