Monday, January 24, 2011

Hornets!!


Never having the opportunity to be on the same team or even the same court as my brothers because of the famous quotes, "Your To Little", and"You Got Next Game", Basketball was just like growing up and it wasn't EASY!!   My Journey began in 1996 in Tulia, Texas as a Freshman playing on the Varsity Basketball Team along side my two older brothers Tim and Philip.  My experience my Freshman year was a dream come true,  being able to play with better and older competition on a daily basis was great for me as a young kid trying to make it where I wanted to be but wasn't sure I belonged...  My Freshman year we were able to make it to the State Championship Game to play Dallas Madison at the Drum in Austin, Texas.  We ended up losing the game by 5 points, and it was tough to swallow for everyone on the court and in the stands, but I had a finger tip dunk LOL...  With my oldest brother Tim (Left) being a senior, not only was the team losing its leader but I was losing a person that I really looked up to.  Not only was he my big brother, he was also the head of our house hold when our Dad wasn't around.  It was really hard for all of our seniors, but for all of us underclassmen we were bound and determined to make another run at it!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mikey! Its Dale. I'm proud of you bud. Reading this brings back memories. I still have the black and white photo of the team and it is one of my favorite pictures. I enjoyed playing with you Marshall boys from little dribblers through high school. Even though did get a little tired of Tim schooling me everyday, it was good for me. It's good to see you are still enjoying the game.

    ReplyDelete